BPYSL Rules of the Game
Please review the Buckeye Premier League Policies located on the League Information page before the start of each season.
District 3 only Policy for taking games. For all other districts please contact your assignor.
- When the schedule is initially released you may take up to 5 centers and 10 lines Failure to follow this policy may result in removing you from the schedule completely.
- After the schedule has been open for 2 full days you may log back in and pick up whatever games are left open.
- If you are scheduling more than one game in a day please do not take back to back centers. The only exception to this is when we are short referees. The schedules will be reviewed at least 2 weeks prior to games. If you are signed up for back to back centers BPYSL reserves the right to make adjustments.
- It is your responsibility to check field closures due to weather. Please call the BPYSL Hotline at 1-888-431-2786. Field closures are also updated on Facebook.
- Parents and relatives should only referee a family member's game if no one else is available. Please make sure Coaches are aware of your relationship to the player before the game starts.
Policy for dropping games
In the event you are unable to appear at a game you've been scheduled for that is more than 7 days in the future, you may unschedule yourself. If the game in question is less than 7 days in the future you remain responsible for your assignment until you can find another referee to take the assignment. Please contact Amy Holle once you have found a replacement. If no replacement has been found and you do not show up for your game disciplinary action may be taken.
Game Priority of Referee Assignments
Each registered Referee and AR is expected to keep all assignments he/she accepts. There are certain occasions, though, when the referee has a duty to turn back a lower level appointment and accept a higher level match, but only within the hierarchy defined below:
- Professional League Matches
- Adult and Youth National Tournaments
- Adult Interstate National Cup Competitions
- Adult Intrastate National Cup Competitions
- Adult and Youth State Cup Competitions
This priority policy does NOT apply within 72 hours of the scheduled match time of the accepted assignment. NO other match (with the exception of the above) has appointment priority or precedence over any other match within the state.
- Adult assignments at any level do NOT take precedence over any youth assignment.
- Tournament assignments do NOT take precedence over league matches.
- Older age assignments do NOT take precedence over younger age games.
- More games, higher pay, better game quality are NOT acceptable reasons to turn back an accepted assignment.